Welcome a new baby into your life with a baby shower at Germantown Cricket Club. Conveniently located in Philadelphia, our private country club is just minutes away from Center City, Chestnut Hill, Mount Airy and Main Line communities like Bryn Mawr, Ardmore and others. Situated on 14 acres just moments from landmarks like Fairmount and Wissahickon Parks, you’ll find that Germantown Cricket Club offers a variety of baby shower venues that Philadelphia restaurants and hotels don’t have. Whether you’re looking for a smaller event with close friends and family or a grander affair, our beautiful 19th century clubhouse and superior catering service will deliver an event that everyone will enjoy.
Baby Shower Planning
Planning a baby shower at Philadelphia’s Germantown Cricket Club is easy. After gathering basic information like the approximate date and size of the baby shower as well as the menu preferences of the guests, we can easily assemble an affair you’re sure to enjoy. Among the basics we’ll need are:
- Baby Shower Date
- Baby Shower Venue
- Baby Shower Menu
- Baby Shower Date – Generally, most baby showers are held before the baby is born, so this often depends on the mother. Typically, we suggest holding the baby shower 1 – 2 months before the baby’s due date. However, Welcome Baby Showers have also become popular giving guests the opportunity to see the baby after birth.
- Baby Shower Venue – Depending on the date, Germantown Cricket Club has a range of baby shower venues on club grounds. Centering on our clubhouse, we offer 7 different indoor rooms and spaces of varying capacities for your event. Another feature unique to Philadelphia baby shower venues is our selection of outdoor spaces which include two terraces and our pool deck. Whichever you prefer, we offer a selection of spaces that make planning a baby shower easy.
- Baby Shower Menu – Whether you’d like to pick among traditional baby shower menus featuring light appetizers and finger foods, or something more adventurous, our catering staff will make selecting a baby shower menu easy. Select from our set of party catering menus or consult with our director of catering to create a customized baby shower menu for your guests.
Themes for Your Baby Shower
Selecting a baby shower theme can add a creative twist to your party to make it memorable. At Germantown Cricket Club we’ve experienced all sorts of themes that our guests have enjoyed. No matter whether you’re considering a traditional or unconventional baby shower, we’re ready to help you make it special. Among the many types of we’ve hosted for Philadelphia mothers-to-be, some of the themes have included:
- Baby Quizzo
- Co-Ed Baby Shower
- Welcome Baby Shower
- Baby Quizzo – A popular trivia game in bars and restaurants, Quizzo can be adapted for the expectant parents. A great baby shower theme since it can be easily integrated into the various other parts of the shower, questions can focus on pregnancy, motherhood, fatherhood or any number of baby related topics. Baby Quizzo is a great theme for younger parents.
- Co-Ed Baby Shower – Although baby showers are traditionally attended by both parents, attendees have normally been female friends and members of the family. Using Germantown Cricket Club’s sporting heritage makes a co-ed shower a natural extension to include male friends of the prospective parents.
- Welcome Shower – Gaining in popularity, Welcome Baby Showers are held after the arrival of the baby and give friends and family a chance to meet the new baby first hand. Ideal for parents that have had to contend with a difficult pregnancy, this non-traditional baby shower may also allow the new mother to be more relaxed and enjoy foods that she may not have been able to have during pregnancy.